Important Dates for the 2020 Presidential Primary
How to Vote
Vote by Mail
All registered voters in Chicago are eligible to Vote by Mail. Once a mail ballot has been returned to the Board, it cannot be retrieved or withdrawn.
- December 18 |Applications for Vote By Mail ballots open
- March 12 |Last day to apply for Vote By Mail ballot
- March 17 | Ballots must be postmarked by Election Day
- February 19 |Early Voting & Registration opens at Loop Supersite
- March 2 |Early Voting & Registration opens in all 50 wards
- March 16 |Last day of Early Voting
Vote on Election Day — Tuesday, March 17, 2020
The location of your polling place may have changed. Polling place hours are 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you are in line by 7 p.m., you are entitled to vote.
No ID is required to vote in your home precinct on Election Day unless you are voting for the first time and have registered by mail without verification.